summer school application
Please drop your summer school applications at the District Office at 7188 Oak Street, Bonners Ferry, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. If you have any questions, please call Robin Merrifield at 267-7962 x2008 or Gina Brown at 267-3149 x105.
Based upon ten- seven hour days per credit requirement of 70 hours.
8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
(Can be modified after 1st day with teachers and students)
Your attendance is based upon meeting the qualifications and acceptance by the team. You must be in attendance for 9 of 10 days. More than one day absent for any reason will result in loss of credit. You must adhere to handbook rules. More than one violation for any reason will result in dropping you from the roles and no credit given.
PARENTS AND STUDENTS PLEASE NOTE:
- Summer School is for remediation only.
- The grade for the repeated class will be designated as a “P” for Pass or an “F” for Fail on the student’s transcript. (“P” grade will not have a numerical value nor affect extracurricular eligibility)
- If a 7th or 8th Grade student fails both the first and the second semester in a year -long class, Summer School is NOT an option to restore credit.
- A student can only restore one (1) semester credit by attending an appropriate summer school session in a core subject.
- Summer school sessions will be offered ONLY if there is a sufficient number of students signed up to take the course, and IF there is an approved teacher available to teach the course.
Please be aware sessions may be cancelled due to lack of enrollment (at least 12 students per session). Course schedule may change due to availability of instructional staff.
Session I June 15 – June 26, 2015 Social Studies
Session II July 6 – July 17, 2015 English
Session III July 20 – July 31, 2015 Math
Session IX August 3 – August 14, 2015 Science